Smart tricks to help you drink more water
We all know that drinking water is really important for maintaining good health. Water provides hydration for your body, helps with digestion, aids in weight loss, and boosts skin health. However, many people struggle to drink the recommended 64 ounces (or 8 - 8 ounce glasses) each and every day. There must be ways to make it easier to down so much water. Here are some tips to help you achieve your daily water goals.
- Start every day with a glass of water - Keep a filled cup on your bedside table so you can drink that first cup at the start of your day. 1 glass down, just like that! Do the same routine at the end of each day and you have completed 2 glasses quite easily.
it up – Add cut fruit or a splash of fruit juice to your cup! Add just enough to give your
water flavor, but be careful not to add too much. Too much can add some unintended additional sugar.
a few ice cubes to your drinks - As ice melts, you will drink about a ½ cup
more water than without ice.
- Drink water with bubbles - Carbonated water can be a refreshing replacement for sugar loaded soda beverages.
- Keep a reusable water bottle with you at all times - Drink up and fill it often. That way you will have no excuse not to sip regularly.
it into tea – Tea is filled with antioxidants and can have great effects on your mental health. Go ahead make a cold brew
tea in the summer or a hot cup of tea in the winter. Good for you and
- Use a cool reusable straw – We tend to drink a liquid faster when it is through a straw. Make it a crazy straw for added excitement.
- Put it in the freezer - Prep a bottle with some frozen water at the bottom for any hot days or bike rides. Fill the bottom 1/3 of your water bottle with fresh water before you go to bed and put it in your freezer. Grab it out of the freezer and fill to the top with water before you head out in the morning. Your water will be ice cold and refreshing as you hop on your bike or lace up your sneakers and begin your day.
Drinking water has never been so easy! Want to read more? Check out some of our other blogs here.